The Perranzabuloe Community Support Group that runs the Community Fridge was the early Covid lockdown era brainchild of Molly who set up a team to get food, prescriptions and other essentials to those isolating at home.
These days the main supporters of the Community Fridge are:
- Volunteers who run the sessions and arrange things in the background.
- Individuals from our epic community making donations of food and funds that become what is then handed out for free.
- Anonymous donors. We continue to get a number of individuals who have made anonumous donations. Some are a regular monthly amount. Some are small and some are large donations.
- Those we work with and alongside who do so much, including:
- Jaipur who over the 2022 to 2023 winter were doing regular Sunday 12-2pm free hot meals. All welcome and dog friendly too!
- the Perranporth Hub group which co-ordinates so many great groups in our community.
- Local retailers who give us food for free and then amazing prices on further food we buy. These include:
- Local organisations that have given consistent support of money, food and some fantastic fundraising:
- Age Concern Perranporth
- Blue Tits (Perranporth)
- Cornwall Independent Poverty Forum
- Defra – Cornwall Council
- St Michael’s (the Rev Anne Brown and team let us use their hall for free and always help out)
- Halveor Court, who let us use their hall free for the evening session.
- Inner Wheel
- Perranporth Garden Charities
- Perran Dairy
- Perran Primary school
- Perranzabuloe C of E Church
- Perranzabuloe Catholic Church
- Perranporth Golf Club
- St Clements Vets (Perranporth)
- Sunday Sirens (St Michael’s)
- The Tywarnhayle Inn
- The Watering Hole
Please if you know of anybody or any organisation we’ve not put on the list please let Rory know so we can rightly add them to this list of heroes.