Earlier this year, Joey, who centrally manages the supplies and volunteers for the Community Kitchen (see the “Job Description below), said she needed to step back a bit. Lower demand for the help our team provides meant Joey was able to carry on being the central person, but from September that will no longer be possible for Joey.
So as to get a transition and full hand over from Joey between now and then, we need to find our next central super hero, could that be you?
Community Fridge Volunteer Coordinator
This is a part-time volunteering role that requires around 2 hours* of your time each week. The community fridge is open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-11am. Volunteers are needed from 8.45-11.15am on these days. The coordinator role doesn’t need to commit to these times, however it would be useful if they are available to attend the fridge occasionally to check in on volunteers / train new volunteers etc. Other duties can be done from home in your own time.
* Most weeks the role takes about 2 hours of admin type tasks. Some weeks it’s this admin plus 3 hours at the Community Fridge and half an hour popping into the Community Fridge on a different day. So it’s normally around 2 hours, but it can some weeks approach 8 hours.
- Recruiting and co-ordinating volunteers
- Managing the community fridge volunteer rota
- Working with other admin volunteers to organise food bags for community members
- Liaising with local food suppliers and donors to organise food supplies
- Ensuring the overall smooth running of the community fridge
- Access to the internet and a computer
- Basic computer skills
- Good organisational skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good communication skills
ASAP with full handover, by super hero Joey.
If you feel you could help, or first want to find out more about the role to consider if this super hero cape would be a good fit for you or not, then please let us know. Best would be if you could drop Joey an email at email@example.com.