If you are in need, help yourself to FREE donated food, much of which is very close to its use-by date.
- Monday 10 to 11am at St Michaels Church (At the bottom of St Michaels Road, where it joins Perrancoombe)
- Wednesday 11am to noon at St Michaels Church (At the bottom of St Michaels Road, where it joins Perrancoombe)
- Wednesday 6pm to 7pm at Halveor Court Community Centre (Google Maps Location)
These sessions are only possible because of the phenomenal donation of time by our volunteers and donations from our community and community organisations*. Each week we get food at very generous prices (thank you) from Co-op, Mr Fruity and Chapmans Family Butchers.
*Community and other organisations that have given us money include The Garden Charities, Age Concern, Diocese, Cornwall Community Foundation, DEFRA at Cornwall Council, Perran Dairy and Healeys Cider Farm.
Food Bank & Food Bank Parcels
If, even with the Community Fridge, you are struggling to buy food, we can in some circumstances, deliver regular food bags. Get in touch on 07930 184898 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is for a maximum of 3 months, but will hopefully give households time to sort out long-term support via organisations, that unlike us, are setup to provide help with long-term challenges.
For food, Truro food bank covers our parish and can provide long-term food bank parcels to those in need.
- If you need food bank parcels from the Truro food bank, you should refer yourself by texting ‘ADVICE‘ to 78866 and a Citizens Advice Bureau advisor will call you back and issue you with a food bank voucher. You can also ask your GP for a voucher.
Cornwall Council has a Help with Food map at https://letstalk.cornwall.gov.uk/help-with-food.
For other issues, please contact the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). You can call them on 0800 144 88 48.
In relation to our parish the closest are:
Citizens Advice Cornwall (Newquay). The Public Library Marcus Hill, NEWQUAY, Cornwall, TR7 1BD
Citizens Advice Cornwall (Truro) The Library Union Place, TRURO, Cornwall, TR1 1EP
The list below started in the first Covid lockdown at the start of 2020. These are all the local shops and other suppliers that were often going a long way to help all of us.
Chemist and Post Offices, opening hours
- BOOTS (The Chemist)
- POST OFFICE (PERRANPORTH) 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday. 10am to 12:30 on Saturdays.
- POST OFFICE (GOONHAVERN) incld BRIDGE STORES LONDIS
– Mon-Sat 7am – 7pm
– Sunday 9am – 5pm
– by appointment (see below) opening early, by pre-arrangement for those wanting this.
Food & Delivery Options
- FREE post sell by date FOOD – Memorial Hall (stage door), Perranporth. See above, it’s our Community Fridge.
- A2B TAXIS are offering a “Food Collection Service”. Place your order on-line with your favourite supermarket, select the option for “Customer Will Collect.” and make a note of the Order Number and Collection Point, then call them (Truro customers 01872-272989, Falmouth Customers 01326-212000, Helston Customers 01326-505050). We suggest you call them first to check how much they’ll charge (this isn’t a free service) for delivery from your chosen supermarket to your address.
- BERRYMANS BAKERY Have fresh bread on the shelves and do contactless. Open Monday to Friday 9am to 2.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm.
- CHACEWATER BAKERY 01872 561411. Will deliver to anybody who is self-isolating or vulnerable on Monday afternoons. They need orders by 10am on Monday morning. Customers pay by card over the phone and deliveries are put on your doorstep to safeguard everybody. Flour, milk, eggs, bacon etc.
- CLIGGA FARM As you walk past, why not get some of their eggs from their rainbow chickens !
- CHAPMANS BUTCHERS 01872 573216. 8am to 2pm
- DOR2DOR DOREEN (TAXI) 07969234766. Call to book.
- FRESHPOINT LOCAL https://freshpointlocal.co.uk. Market-fresh, fruit and vegetables and delicious deli and dairy, right here for you to order online. Freshpoint taken on more staff and are back to doing Perranporth & Goonhavern deliveries.
- GOONHAVERN BRIDGE STORES LONDIS & POST OFFICE 01872 573047. Open as usual, deliveries upon request.
- For those feeling apprehensive about coming into the Goonhavern shop or Post Office, outside of their normal 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 5pm on Sunday, call Claire on 07875 55 99 95 to request a 6:30 am (Monday to Saturday or from 7:30am on Sunday, or late opening (up to 8pm Monday to Saturday, to 6pm on Sunday).
- J EARL SHELLFISH 07731 656486. Fresh fish (including shellfish) to your door.
- LILIE BROTHERS 01326 374367. Fresh dairy products to your door. https://lilliebrothers.co.uk/products/
- MILK & MORE 0345 606 3606 Fresh milk and lots of other food with deliveries to the parish on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. www.milkandmore.co.uk
- MR FRUITY Open from 10am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. For deliveries call 01872 572 823. Free delivery, different areas on different days.
- NANCARROW FARM 01872 487099. Meat deliveries. www.nancarrowfarm.co.uk/product-category/shop/
- NO. 4 BREAKFAST & BISTRO 01872 229963. Fish and Chips (battered Haddock, served with skin on fries, crushed peas and tartar sauce) and ‘our Haddock burger’. Wednesday to Sunday 5 till 9, contact less collections and deliveries. https://no4-breakfast-bistro.business.site/
- OUTDOOR REARED PORK 07971279615. Open as usual.
- SOUTH COAST FISHERIES 01209 214212 & www.facebook.com/Southcoastfisheries/. Home Deliveries of True Cornish Produce across the county! Payment via BACS & Delivery Direct to your Doorstep! FREE Delivery on orders over £20!
- SPROUT HEALTH WHOOLFOODS in Newquay deliver to Perranporth & Goonhavern on Sunday evenings (6:30-9pm). £20 minimum order and £3 delivery charge. Email email@example.com with your order or call 01637 875 845. They will get back to you with cost /pay over the phone.
They have Vicki’s Bread
- THE TEA ROOM 077085061040. Tywarnhayle Square Open 11 till 3 Wednesday to Saturday for takeaway till we re open Hot drinks , light lunches and homemade cakes and cream teas pre order
- WESTCOUNTRY Sign up if you need anything. Free home delivery on orders over £100. Orders between £50-£100 – £6 delivery charge. Minimum £50 order. Next day delivery: www.apassionforfood.co.uk
Takeaway’s with deliveries +/or collection
- THE BAR AT BOLENA 01872 572751 – Wednesday Roast for delivery or takeaway – call Monday to pre order
- CORNISH PANTRY (pasties) 07967 621591 – Closed Until 16th Nov Then open as usual – TBC
- HADDOCK’S END (Fish & Chips) 07967621591 – Closed Until 16th Nov Then open as usual – TBC
- HAM-SUM 01872 713040 – Oriental. Main street, St Agnes. Takeaway Thursday to Monday
- HAKINS ARMS 01872 540339 – Pub Food. Zelah. Takeaway Wednesday and Friday 5pm to 8pm
- JAIPUR INDIAN 01872 572625, www.jaipurindiancuisine.co.uk – Takeaway and delivery – Wednesday to Sunday 5pm to 10pm.
- MASSALA, PERRANPORTH 01872 571 624. Takeaway and delivery – all week 5pm to 10pm. www.massalaperranporth.co.uk
- MEI KITCHEN 01872 573296 – Chinese food. Open as usual.
- PICKWICKS 01872 573089. Takeaway only -Mon to Sat 9am to 2pm and 4.45pm to 7pm , Sunday 4.30pm to 7pm
- PIRAN THAI 01872 487848 – Local deliveries, Friday & Saturday evenings.
- THE SHACK 07583 821863 – Menu on the Shack Facebook Page. Open as usual Wednesday to Sunday 5pm to 10pm. Payment over the phone accepted, local deliveries available.
- STEPPING STONES OUTDOOR REARED PORK 01872 573029. Sunday Roast for Perranporth delivery or takeaway. May need to call to reserve. Boscawen Road, Perranporth
Pets & Livestock
- DOGGIES AND MOGGIES 01872 571552, www.doggies-moggies.co.uk – Open as usual – delivery on request. Pet and wildlife supplies.
- PERRAN POOCH WEAR 07549 444640 – Delivery of dog supplies via telephone ordering. Can take card payment on delivery. (NB: closed 21st-25th March).
- THE BARN FEED AND COUNTRY STORE 07785 590213 – FREE delivery and telephone orders and payments. Animal feed and supplies.
- BLACK FLAG BREWERY 01872 858004. Friday takeaway and delivery 12 noon to 6pm. www.blackflagbrewery.com. Unit 1D New road (end of Station Road out of Perranporth), Perranporth, TR6 0DL.
- GOONHAVERN GARDEN CENTRE 01872 575088 – Open as usual.
- AZTEC LEISURE 01872 552 372 – open for distance sales of essential supplies such as Calor Gas, Campingaz Gas, Chemicals, Cleaning Liquids and more. Order & Collect from outside the shop (no human contact).
Something Different – Join the UK Land Army?
Can you help? This may also be a good way to earn some money in these challenging times. The UK Land Army.
“Our goal is simple; stop harvests rotting in our fields. To do this we’re pulling together an army people to plug the labour gap and work on farms across the UK. Register your interest and help feed Great Britain.”
Now Closed, but while they could, these shops etc. helped those in home isolation:
- BROWNS FISH & CHIP SHOP 01872 571465
- PIRAN PETS ADVENTURE TREKS 07737 843781 – Dog walking.
- SALTY SEA DOGS 07894 648020 – Dog walking
- SEINERS 01872 573118 – Home deliveries available. Please call for details.
- THE FILLING STATION CAFE 01872 572311 – Hot and cold food and drinks, take-away or delivery 8am-3pm daily. Contactless payment or over phone payment, delivery within 3 miles of Perranporth, minimum card payment £5.