Table of Contents, for this page
Chemist and Post Offices, opening hours
- BOOTS (The Chemist) New temporary opening hours:
– Mon-Fri 9:30am – 1pm / 3pm – 5:15 pm
– Saturday 10am – pm / 3pm – 4:30 pm
– Over the Easter weekend Boots will be open on Good Friday and Easter Monday from 2pm-5pm
- POST OFFICE (PERRANPORTH) New temporary opening hours:
– Mon-Fri 10am – 2pm
– Saturday 9am – 12:30pm
- POST OFFICE (GOONHAVERN) incld BRIDGE STORES LONDIS
– Mon-Sat 7am – 7pm (Pharmacy closed 1pm – 1:30pm)
– Sunday 9am – 5pm
Free food delivery details below.
Help yourself to free donated food past its sell-by but within its use-by date.
- The community fridge has moved to a new premesis! We are now in the Memorial Hall, accessed by the stage door, opposite Wheal Leisure car park. We are open Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-12am.
If you are struggling to buy food, we can deliver regular food bags and/or home cooked meals. Just get in touch
Thank you generous Perranzabuloe community for helping us provide this vital service. Please keep giving to our food donation points in Goonhavern Bridge Stores Londis & Post Office. and Chapmans Family Butchers.
- AsOne Community fridge on the Cligga Industrial Estate. Text Leon on 07850 450885 and he is sorting out deliveries on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Food Bank & Food Bank Parcels
We, the Perranzabuloe Isolation Community Support Group, can provide regular bags of food delivered to you, and food via the Community Fridge. This free food is mostly past its sell-by but within its use-by dates and donated by the Co-op.
If you need more support, Truro food bank cover our parish and can provide food bank parcels to those in need.
If you need food bank parcels you should refer yourself by texting ‘ADVICE‘ to 78866 and a Citizens Advice Bureau advisor will call you back and issue you with a food bank voucher. You can also ask your GP for a voucher.
If you are unable to collect the food bank parcel from Truro, please ring Volunteer Cornwall on 01872 265305 and they will arrange for a volunteer to deliver.
Food Delivery Options
- A2B TAXIS are offering a “Food Collection Service”. Place your order on-line with your favourite supermarket, select the option for “Customer Will Collect.” and make a note of the Order Number and Collection Point, then call them (Truro customers 01872-272989, Falmouth Customers 01326-212000, Helston Customers 01326-505050). We suggest you call them first to check how much they’ll charge (this isn’t a free service) for delivery from your chosen supermarket to your address.
- BERRYMANS BAKERY Have fresh bread on the shelves and do contactless.
- CHACEWATER BAKERY 01872 561411. Will deliver to anybody who is self-isolating or vulnerable on Monday afternoons. They need orders by 10am on Monday morning. Customers pay by card over the phone and deliveries are put on your doorstep to safeguard everybody. Flour, milk, eggs, bacon etc.
- CLIGGA FARM As you walk past, why not get some of their eggs from their rainbow chickens !
- CHAPMANS BUTCHERS 01872 573216. Taking phone orders for collection.
- FRESHPOINT LOCAL https://freshpointlocal.co.uk. Market-fresh, fruit and vegetables and delicious deli and dairy, right here for you to order online. Freshpoint taken on more staff and are back to doing Perranporth & Goonhavern deliveries.
- GOONHAVERN BRIDGE STORES LONDIS & POST OFFICE 01872 573047. FREE delivery service.
– Monday to Saturday, 7am to 7pm, Sunday 9am to 5pm. For home deliveries call 01872 573047 or text 07875559995. We will box up your goods and call you back with the total cost and to take payment and delivery information.
Click here regarding which areas get deliveries on which days.
- J EARL SHELLFISH 07731 656486. Fresh fish (including shellfish) to your door.
- LILIE BROTHERS 01326 374367. Fresh dairy products to your door. https://lilliebrothers.co.uk/products/
- MILK & MORE 0345 606 3606 Fresh milk and lots of other food with deliveries to the parish on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. www.milkandmore.co.uk
- MR FRUITY Open from 10am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. For deliveries call 01872 572 823. Free delivery, different areas on different days.
- NANCARROW FARM 01872 487099. Meat deliveries. www.nancarrowfarm.co.uk/product-category/shop/
- SOUTH COAST FISHERIES 01209 214212 & www.facebook.com/Southcoastfisheries/. Home Deliveries of True Cornish Produce across the county! Payment via BACS & Delivery Direct to your Doorstep! FREE Delivery on orders over £20!
- SPROUT HEALTH WHOOLFOODS in Newquay deliver to Perranporth & Goonhavern on Sunday evenings (6:30-9pm). £20 minimum order and £3 delivery charge. Email email@example.com with your order or call 01637 875 845. They will get back to you with cost /pay over the phone.
They have Vicki’s Bread
- WESTCOUNTRY Sign up if you need anything. Free home delivery on orders over £100. Orders between £50-£100 – £6 delivery charge. Minimum £50 order. Next day delivery: www.apassionforfood.co.uk
Takeaway’s with deliveries or collection
- BROWNS FISH & CHIP SHOP 07876 743622 – Evening deliveries.
- CORNISH PANTRY (pasties) 07967 621591 – FREE delivery around local area. Frozen or cooked. We will call before delivering and leave food by your front door. We take card payments over the phone. 8am-6pm.
- HADDOCK’S END (Fish & Chips) open for collection orders Friday & Saturday 4pm – 8pm. Call 07967621591 to place your order & make payment between 12pm &2pm anyday & then collect at your chosen time.
- JAIPUR INDIAN 01872 573625, www.jaipurindiancuisine.co.uk – Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun 5pm – 10pm Take-away & Delivery only.
- MASSALA, PERRANPORTH 01872 571 624. New opening hours for online ordering of their Indian food, for deliveries. www.massalaperranporth.co.uk
– Fri & Saturday 5pm – 10pm
– Sunday to Thursday 5pm – 9pm
- MEI KITCHEN 01872 573296 – Every day except Tuesday. 5pm to 9pm. Delivery to local area. Card payments. 15% discount to those with NHS ID.
- PICKWICKS 01872 573089. Opening hours below and doing Perranporth town deliveries.
– Mon to Fri, 11am – 2pm, 4:45pm to 7pm
– Sat 11am to 7pm
– Sund 11:30am to 4:30pm
- PIRAN THAI 07943 937869 – Thursday to Sunday delivery, 5.30pm-8.30pm.
- THE SHACK 07583 821863 – Menu on the Shack Facebook Page. Open 7 days a week 5pm-10pm. Payment over the phone accepted, local deliveries available.
Pets & Livestock
- DOGGIES AND MOGGIES 01872 571552, www.doggies-moggies.co.uk – FREE delivery and can take payment and orders over the phone. Pet and wildlife supplies.
- PERRAN POOCH WEAR 07549 444640 – Delivery of dog supplies via telephone ordering. Can take card payment on delivery. (NB: closed 21st-25th March).
- THE BARN FEED AND COUNTRY STORE 07785 590213 – FREE delivery and telephone orders and payments. Animal feed and supplies.
- GOONHAVERN GARDEN CENTRE 01872 575088 – Online ordering available at https://cornwallgardenshop.com
“Due to an overwhelming amount of orders, we will now be limiting the website checkout opening times to Friday 4pm to Monday 9am. This will allow us to collate all orders from the weekend and deliver them during the following week. £20 minimum order applies. FREE delivery within 20 miles of either Goonhavern or Chacewater.”
- AZTEC LEISURE 01872 552 372 – open for distance sales of essential supplies such as Calor Gas, Campingaz Gas, Chemicals, Cleaning Liquids and more. Order & Collect from outside the shop (no human contact).
Something Different – Join the UK Land Army?
Can you help? This may also be a good way to earn some money in these challenging times. The UK Land Army.
“Our goal is simple; stop harvests rotting in our fields. To do this we’re pulling together an army people to plug the labour gap and work on farms across the UK. Register your interest and help feed Great Britain.”
Now Closed, but while they could, these shops etc. helped those in home isolation:
- PIRAN PETS ADVENTURE TREKS 07737 843781 – Dog walking.
- SALTY SEA DOGS 07894 648020 – Dog walking
- SEINERS 01872 573118 – Home deliveries available. Please call for details.
- THE FILLING STATION CAFE 01872 572311 – Hot and cold food and drinks, take-away or delivery 8am-3pm daily. Contactless payment or over phone payment, delivery within 3 miles of Perranporth, minimum card payment £5.